Tuesday, August 15, 2006

lunch time!

ok...i am hungry and that got me thinking about food of course! so i decided to make a list of some of my favorites. i have lived in the north, and in the south and i have a British mother....so here i go:
South: grits with lots of butter salt and pepper...yummy, nothing better after a night out on the town.(especially at the Waffle House at 3am!)
'mater sandwich! vine ripe tomato and miracle whip.....yum
fried okra!...or of course green tomatoes
real bannana pudding....the kind you bake...
North : Whoopie pies, drakes cakes, funnel cakes, pier fries....w/vinegar....LOBSTER! italian subs
England:no offense to my British friends...just gotta go with what my mum served! (let me qualify this, my mum grew up durring the war and has NO IDEA what a spice is, unless it is salt or pepper...)
roast beef and yorkshire pud, soft serve icecream with a cadburry "flakey"from the shore, triffle,"chips","bangers"

well, i am having a tomato sandwich....i start my diet tomorrow....famous last words! speaking of diets, anybody have one that works? the atkins (no/low carb) used to work for me, but doesnt anymore...and as you can tell by the above, my favorite foods are what put the extra weight on!

4 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

Hi Jacky!! I too have been cutting back and working out. I've tried so many diets and none of them have worked b/c I can't stick to it forever. The only thing that I have found that truly works, is this: smaller portions, don't deny yourself what you want just don't eat a ton of it, lots and lots of fruits & veggies, limit high fat/fried items, eat whole grains, lowfat yogurt & mayo, Splenda instead of sugar. I've been taking H57 Hoodia to suppress my appetite and that has helped a lot too.

This last week I was sick and couldn't work out and didn't take my Hoodia, and I was into the cookies & ice cream (for my sore throat of course) constantly.

Good luck!! :-)

9:29 AM  
Blogger daydream believer said...

thanks for the tips jo jo...i have heard about hoodia, they say it works pretty well...my main problem is i work at home....when i want a break from work, i just trot into the kitchen...small portions i do, but all day long whatever i can pop into my mouth! i need to get a plan together, and have the "right" stuff available so when i do my kitchen run through i will grab low cal stuff!

9:39 AM  
Blogger ann said...

well guess what we're having for dinner tonite.. roast beef... but no Yorkshires; too fattening.

DIET is a dirty four letter word.

What is hoodia?

10:18 AM  
Blogger val said...

What is H57 Hoodia? Can I get some?

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home